Wednesday, June 06, 2007

It's Late Again

I find it harder and harder to get to bed at a reasonable hour and get up at a respectable hour. But that is life.

This is to let you know a little more about me personally. I have knit for 40+ years. Love to knit what I call the "4S's". They are socks, shawls, scarves and sweaters. A few other items could be added every now and then, but for the better part, that's my life in knitting. I do a lot of knitting now that my age is creeping up on me.

I love to travel which is being done now by car or train because we finally have time to do it. I love the New England area and the Northwest states. We have had our days in tents, now it is smaller "ma and pa" strip motels. It is a lot easier getting our luggage into a motel where parking is right out front. We have had our days on the concierge floors. I admit some of the treats they used to give made it worthwhile, but listening to the trees gives me greater pleasure. This is getting to sound like a travelogue.

I'll skip back to the subject at hand, KNITTING. Yup, that's it. Comforting, relaxing (there is a difference to me), shaking off the day's problems or better yet thinking about the things that went right during the day. Favorite kinds of knitting patterns are lace, textured, and just plain old plain knitting that is mindless as when you think you have lost all but one of your marbles and the one lone marble left has no one to talk to. Now that is mindless. I sometimes define words so people get an understanding of just what I really mean, or I will put words in people's sentences before they even get a chance to end them properly. But I digress again. But never fear, knitting will always come back and if you are anything like myself, you still will collect yarn and patterns to last ten lifetimes. We will share a lot as we go along. I hope you will enjoy the journey and not fear to say what's on your mind. Keep in mind, there is a limit in that too. I'll enjoy getting to know you and hope you will enjoy me too. I'll close so I can go to sleep perchance to ...... Even that is used in knitting in a very pleasant way and that is the way I will end tonight pleasantly after having shared somethings with you. Good Nite all.

No comments: